Tuesday 10 July 2012

Target Audience Member Profile

Alice is on the left, I'm in the centre and Rye is on the right side.

I have interviewed two of my friends and their names are Alice Hare and Rye Dela Cruz. I have chosen them as one of my target audience because I am aiming for mainly teenagers and both of them likes Pop music which is the genre that I am doing for our music video. I have asked both of them a few questions based on pop music, music videos and their hobbies so it would give me ideas on what I could add on our music video. These are the answers that they gave back to me: 


What Pop music do you like? Why?
Alice - I like dance pop music because it's so catchy and mostly have a good beat to dance to, and so good for parties
Rye  - I like the new songs that has come out recently because it has a good beat. Sometimes I can relate on the lyrics. 


What do you want to see in Pop music video? Why?

Alice - Fun, dancing, booze and just a massive party. Maybe like a boat party because we're teenagers, we want to have fun, and we don't want to listen to music that is boring and watch a boring video. 
Rye - A couple with their friends in a beach party and dancing. The female looks naturally pretty and the male is handsome. Also the singer artist's is riding on a nice sports car because they look nice to look at. They amuse me and don’t look boring to look at.


What don't you want to see in a Pop music video? Why?

Alice - Boring stuff like no fun or just something plain and boring because it takes away my good mood.
Rye - When there is too much people within the video because it distracts the main singer but also to the people who is watching it. 


What is you favourite Pop music? Why?

Alice - It's called Remedy by Professor Green because it's a great song, it's a party song the video is amazing, and all you want to do is dance when you see it.
Rye - Payphone by Maroon 5 because it is a nice song to listen to and the singer is has a nice voice. 


Other than Pop music, what is your favourite genre of music? Why?

Alice - RnB and Musical Theatre because RnB is party music and musical theatre is what I do, and I love musicals.
Rye - Hip Hop because it is catchy and upbeat which makes me want to dance to.


What is your favourite music video? Why?

Alice - Remedy by Professor Green because it's a party and fun there’s always something to watch and it's just a crazy good time.
Rye - What Makes You beautiful by One Direction because the band members are having fun of spending time with their colleagues which amuses me.  


What are your hobbies? Why?

Alice - Theatre because I love doing it and listening to the songs that are on charts. Sometimes seeing friends and going on parties.
Rye - Computer, chat, listening to music and going on Facebook, watching basketball tournament because it is one of my favourite sports.


What is your favourite artist?

Alice - For Pop music its Beyonce but also other people that are in the charts. For musical theatre is Idina Menzel.
Rye - Maroon 5 and Jim Brickman


Which artist's do you look up to? Why?

Alice - Idina Menzel because she is just a musical theatre legend and Beyonce because she is such a role model to all young girls as she's such a strong woman.
Rye - Maroon 5 because they have a nice voice and nice songs that they are making. 


What Pop lyrics mean most to you? Why?

Alice - "Oh god, maybe for good" from Wicked because it reminds me about someone close to me that died
Rye - "Baby, you light up my world like nobody else" by One Direction because it reminds of someone I used to love.

Conclusion:

After doing this questionnaire, I am going to try and include some of their ideas in our music video. For example, use the beach for the location as it will portray the female artist to think more on the decisions that she is going to make. And maybe, show the female artist and her ex-boyfriend past memories such as going to parties together and hang out with their friends.

1 comment:

  1. Good Khem, make sure it's always clear what you're doing and why at the start of each post. Otherwise very good. Level 4. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete